Monday, April 11, 2005

11 THINGS I NEED MY DUDES TO KNOW

In no particular order...

1. Wearing those long white t-shirts are not attractive. It should be a crime. I mean seriously, the woman should be wearing the dress, not the man. When I see a man wearing knee-length white tees I think about the times I stayed at my granny's and wore her gowns and old tees for pjs.

2. When we women hear men bragging about their dicks, or their overall sexual performance we know that they are more than likely lying. A real "packing gentleman" can be detected in several different ways, i.e. his walk (a.k.a. "the swagger"), the front of his slacks, and his confidence. Bottom line: Stop lying on your dicks!!!

3. When a woman rejects your advances, please know that it is not the end of the world. Just because your ego is slightly tarnished doesn't give you the right to call her a bitch, a hoe, or anything else. You really don't wanna know how many 'stuck-up ass hoes' I've been called just because I politely responding to someone by saying, 'I'm cool baby, but thanks anyway'. . .

4.Despite the Ying Yang making an entire song about whispering in a chick's ear, it's not hot to have some guy whose breath smells like hot garbage in a manure pile all in your face. Keep the oral hygiene tight, baby. In addition to the basic routine of brushing, flossing, and gargling, don't be afraid to pop a piece of Dentyne in your mouth every now and then.


5. No self-loving woman with common sense wants to be called "Hey Girl". Nor do we want to be called out by a description of our clothing. "Tight pants, tight pants," for example. Or calling ladies with big breasts whatever is on the front of their t-shirts...not sexy.

6. There is a such thing as jeans being TOO baggy. When you have to hold them up or they are below your ass, that's not a good look. You can be baggy and look decent with a belt.

7. It's never a good look to make babies and not take care of them. Plain and simple. Regardless of whatever the relationship with the child's mom, you should always strive to be good father. Sons need roles models and the male figures in a daughter's life (or lack thereof) will absolutely influence the men she deals with in her life.

8.The first time you call a girl, it's probably not a good idea to ask her a whole bunch of sexual questions like, "Do you suck dick?"or, "Have you ever been with a girl before?" If you let a little time pass by you will probably get a more honest answer.

9. Also, while we're on the subject, stop expecting more from a woman that you are willing to give. Whether it's in terms of sex, time, money, or whatever. If things are reciprocated there is little or no risk of someone feeling used or underappreciated.

10.This is a good one for men and women. You should never say what you will NEVER do. I've heard things like, 'Man, I'd never go down on a chick, I put that on err-thing.' or, 'I'll never spend money on no broad.' And my favorite: "You will never hear me crying over no chick. Ain't no pussy worth it". Well, when doth protests much, doth will do what he so blatantly claims he won't. I've seen it over and over.

11. PRIORITIZE, PLEASE!! Rims, and bling are not forever. You can't sneak chicks into your mom's basement forever. Set goals for your long-term well-being. Establish some credit. There is nothing wrong with driving a hoopty, living in a small apartment (that has your name on the lease) and working an honest job until you get something better. You can't hustle forever, pimpin' is dead, and your mother isn't going to live forever.

DISCLAIMER: Every man is not guilty of all of these things, yet everyone can improve themselves. This is in no way dissing anyone as I love all of my black brothers. This is simply a list of helpful hints for men much in the way Cosmo claims to help the ladies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well said, young lady....so glad I don't fit into any of those criteria...or do I? lol