Monday, May 23, 2005

THROWBACK ALBUM OF THE WEEK

I'm always talking about how I love old school music, so I decided to choose a throwback album every week to pay homage to some of the great music of the past. Here's the first:

Chris Bender: Draped (1991)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My mother used to play this TAPE until it wore out. I was only around 8 when it came out, but I still knew good music. I knew all the words to each of the 10 songs on this album. Unfortunately his untimely death cut his career short, and with the music industry being so fickle, there's no way of really knowing how far he could have gone. This album came out right in the midst of the New Jack sing era, and followed the same formula as many other artists of the era like Teddy Riley, Keith Sweat, etc. His album was full of emotion and passion, and is just as relevant today as when it first came out.

Standout tracks:
Pourin' Like Rain
Who Will I Choose
Kiss and Makeup
Sorry Didn't Do It

Favorite Lyrics:
"One girl fulfills my physical needs, and the other girl provides for me mentally. Both parties make up my world, my minds in confusion which giiiiiiiiiiiiirl. Neither girl I want to lose, but by both of them I've been accused. I'm goin crazy, what should I do, who will I choose?"

(That's a situation so many people can relate to, I'm sure)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanx for posting this wonderful cd. is there any chance u can reup please. I have been looking for this cd like crazy. Keep up the good work.

Email: miltonkus@yahoo.com