Friday, July 29, 2005

Thanks Nike

I just woke, up, my hair is a mess, and I'm sure my breath isn't the best. Spongebob is on the tv, but I'm really not watching. I'm thinking about the long day I have a head of me. There are so many things I need to do, but I dont know where to begin. Let's see. . .
Cleaning up
Working out
Studying
Doing a chapter or so of F. F.

This is the perfect day for this sort of work too. . .I have no class, no appointments, no dates, or anything else pressing to contend with. So, what's my biggest opposition today?

Me, that's who.

This may seem weird, but I feel like there is something in me that is preventing me from getting anything productive done. Almost as if there's a demon or something in me. Just writing this seems crazy.

I'm not lazy, and I am tired of calling myself a procrastinator. It has to be something else. For instances, when it's time to study, I can think of a million other things I could be doing, none of which are as beneficial as cracking open my accounting book. Before my exam, I studied in bits and pieces, but didn't start going over the study guide until 8am on the day of the text, which started at 945. . .I mean, I got a 89% on the exam, but I was so nervous. I got the grade I got on sheer luck.

How do I fight the devil in me? You know you feel in your heart that you want to do better, or that you need to do better, but something supernatural is holding you down?

I've figured out the answer, although Nike did it years ago.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yea, just do it. When everything around me is trying stopping me, I won't let it. I'm going to exert more energy to complete the task than I normally would. For once, I'd like to be tired from a hard day's work than from lying around all day watching tv or doing something I had no business doing anyway.

It's all about habit and routine. The more I get in the practice of doing what the hell i'm supposed to be doing, the better off I'll be. So, starting today. . .

You know where this is going, I'm not gonna say it anymore. . .

**walking away chanting an anti-procrastination mantra**

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's the spirit...there's nothing to it but to do it...no such thing as trying only doing or not doing....maybe some of you will rub off on me lol...