Monday, August 01, 2005

Jacked

So I got jacked on Saturday evening.
Here's the story.

I was making koolaid, ran out of sugar, decided to run to the store on the corner. A fifteen minute walk, that's it.

Good exercise, fresh air.

So, I'm in the parking lot of the store, talking on my phone when this high yellow dude crosses the street. I kept an eye on him, just because he looked suspect. He walked behind me, so I sped up. He started walking quicker behind me, but I wasnt stressing it because I was at the door of the store. All of a sudden he bumps into me, and walks away.

I'm pissed, but I just went in the store. Some dude comes in the store and goes, 'Yo, that dude just took your money outta your pocket.' Sure enough dude had taken $10 outta my pocket. How he got it without me knowing is beyond me. It's not like my ass sits that far out.

Keep in mind there was a parking lot full of grown ass men watched this happen. I mean, I'm not asking for strangers to be responsible for me, but if I seen a CRIME taking place I would damn sure do more than watch.

So dude has the nerve to come in the store while I'm in there. Those money hungry (guess the nationality) people sell him six loose cigarettes and he puts gas in his tank, on my money. So I yell out and he calls me a bitch and says he didn't take shit from me, so I better shut the fuck up. . .

Store owners just watching. . .

No one does anything.

Never felt so victimized.

I'm glad I didn't have my wallet, my bank card, or my cell phone in that back pocket, and I guess I should be grateful that he didn't do anything physically to me.

People think because I live in a suburb, everything is peaches and cream. Well, I'm telling you it's not. When I lived directly in Cleveland, nothing like this happened to me directly. My suburb is like your hood, dirty muthaf*ckas live everywhere. I live in Maple Heights, but don't let the charming name fool you. It was like Sweet Valley when we moved here about 6 years ago, but now it's turning into Compton or something. Everywhere you turn, there are ReMaxx, Century 21. or some other real estate signs going up, like white flight or something. . .

My momma calls them rogues. . .

I mean, it was just $10, but damn, it was mine.

Moral of the story: watch your back, even in the 'burbs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurts. I know the feeling. Let down & disappointed in man. Atta girl for keepin' the Faith. Come walk with me and every lil' thing gonna be alright.

Anonymous said...

Glad your OK