Monday, August 22, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is a must read. Or better yet, get the audiobook. Listening to the story of the 2 lovers read by Chadwick Boseman and Heather Simms puts you in their shoes. You feel like you know them, and you can relate to their love story. The letters span from 1990, when he first goes to jail, until 1999.

I tripped reading this. My first love was in and out of jail with his bad ass. . .and he used to write me. The same things Antonio was saying to Natasha, he said to me. The longer he was in there, the more frustrated he became. . .these letters mirrored that period in my life. We wrote off and on for the time he was in, but once he got out. . .I won't even go into what happened, for fear of too deeply digressing.

You know a book is good when you cry, because it's over. I crave these characters. I want to know what happened to them. I shed tears because even though this was not my story, it was.
The bottom line is that the book is really deep, and makes you think about where you're from, and how the choices you make in your life as a youth can and will effect you in your future.

No comments: