Friday, February 04, 2005

School/Working Out

So, I am back in school for yet another semester. I am trying my hardest to stay focused. I think this semester will be a little better for me. I don't have as many distractions as I have had in previous semesters: I'm not sick, my mom is alright, and I don't have as much responsibility at home. I have a kick ass schedule: Tues/Thurs- 4 classes, and Mon/Fri- 1 class. My classes are pretty interesting and I am determined to stay on top of all my work. Thanks to the help of someone special I have made a schedule for studying, and working out...

Yea, I'm working out now. Marc told me about the Discovery Health Challenge, which offers a free 8-week membership to Bally's. Since Bally's is right around the corner from me, I decided to go ahead and enroll. My sister Michelle who is trying to shed her baby weight, signed up as well.

First of all, the Bally's is ghettofabulous, full of all sorts of characters. The chick at the front desk is mean and surly, and did I mention a tad overweight? I wonder if employees are required to work out, or at least provided with a discount.

But, I must say the men are very friendly. I mean honestly, from the moment my sister and I walked in, they were so eager to assist us with any and everything we needed. This one guy, cute in a fly-white guy/Jon B sorta way showed me the proper way to use a couple of the machines, and even offered to spot me, even though I was on the treadmill and didn't really need help.

There isn't much eye candy at this gym, (for me anyhow). A couple pieces but usually I am so focused on what I am doing that I don't even look up. But I am glad that I see so many African Americans trying to get fit and shed pounds. I get motivated when I see women bigger than me working harder than me on the machines. It makes me want to work more and fulfill my goals.

No comments: