Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I am such a procrastinator. I take the longest time to do the things that I need to get done, and then I have an attitude when I am up late. I should know better by now. I am a senior in college, dammit. I remember being in the 5th grade, and have a report on Malcolm X due. I didn't start it until the Sunday before it was due. I mean, I got an A on it, and I usually do well on things I put off, but I know that I would cause my self a lot less stress if I just started early.

I was a master crammer. I could have a test at 745 am, and start studying at midnight the night before. I mean, sure that was cool in high school and freshman year, because the subject matters weren't all that taxing, but now I'm catching hell for having to play catch-up all the time.


For example, I had to take an exam for my services marketing class at 8am this morning. I have known about the test for a few weeks, yet I didnt really start studying until last night. I mean before that, I glanced over the pages, but I didnt really attempt to absorb anything. I blamed it on everyone else, kids distracting me, my grandma's constant calling, whatever. But yesterday, around 2am, I sat down with the book and went over 5 chapters. I got to school and took the test, which I think I did pretty well on. I would have done better MAYBE if I had gotten some sleep, and maybe if I had started earlier.

Damn, damn, damn, what is wrong with me? I write a schedule, then I have a hard time following. The craziest thing is, if I make a schedule with all the things I would like to accomplish daily, (working out, working on the book, studying, reading, etc) and actually followed it, I would actually have time to do everything that I needed to do within a day, instead of going to bed with a bunch of stuff to do, and planning on waking up early to finish it, which I almost never end up doing. That's what make my procrasting, or pussyfooting as my granny puts it, so bad. I know what I have to do, and I am actually procrastinating putting an end to my procrastinating!!


I remember when I used to say that I did my best work under pressure. That is so not true anymore, if it ever was to begin with. All I know is that I need to stop putting things off, because all that does is allow the work to pile up. It's time for me to refocus and prioritize everything in my life. Wait, I said that last year and I put it off.

*sigh*

No comments: