Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Tick Tock...Part One

Lately my biological clock has been ticking...loudly. I've been having these strange feelings. I brushed them off at first, but they kept coming back, stronger and stronger. It started when I began babysitting my beautiful niece Sidney on a regular basis. She is just heavenly, a very well behaved baby. I look at her in disbelief sometimes. It's hard to imagine that through a few moments of pleasure, a life is created. It's almost surreal, but we all were created in this fashion.

I think that is the first time in my life that I have ever seriously had the desire to have a child. I am one of the only girls in my high school graduating class that has not had a child, but I don't really feel like I am missing out. I will have so much to offer a child once I am mentally and financially prepared.

I take care of my sibs pretty often, and that makes me feel good. There is something about nurturing that really appeals to me. I like cooking for them, bathing them, reading to them, and protecting them from the world when I can. Their smiles make me smile on my bad days.

Maybe I should just get a dog. I had a beta fish last year, and I treated her like a daughter. I talked to her, took care of her tank well, and never left her in the dorm overnight. She thrived from all of my attention. When she finally died, I cried like I had lost a child.

I don't want a babydaddy, that's for sure. I watch too much Maury, Mathis, and Mabelline to know that I don't need the drama that comes with having children out of wedlock. In addition to my court tv lessons, I have seen the drama up close and personal within my own family, especially the relationship (or lack thereof) between my parents.

Before I have a child, I must have a husband. I want to be married for at least a year before we have kids, so that my husband and I can have some 'couple time' before the kids roll in. I also want to be out of school and stable in my career.

Right now. I am going to continue playing mommy with other people's kids, because you can always send them home. And I am gonna keep hitting the snooze on my biological clock.


I want our Parenthood to come from Planning--Common

No comments: