Tuesday, December 07, 2004

The book...

In case you don't know, I am writing a book. I think of it as my baby. But unfortunately, I have been neglecting my baby lately. I don't give her enough attention, and quite frankly, I been dissing her in a big way.

I am really proud of how much I have done so far, but I should be way further than where I am...I kept setting deadlines and whatnot, but each time I was defeated.

When I first started my book I was so enthused. I could sit and write for hours. All the ideas just came to me as I sat at my computer. They would just pour out. I thought I would have more ideas than chapters, but now the well is running dry.

I just need a little more motivation, and soon. Damn, I could finish by the new year if I wanted to. The question is, do I?





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Take your time but don't sit on your laurels with it....when it gets done, it gets done...this is your baby, the first of many babies hopefully...as long as your nurture it, you can take as much time as you want with it...be diligent but don't be too stric on your deadlines, this one isn't for profit.......yet...so let your heart control your pace...