Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I'm Trippin Part 1

I’m Trippin’. . . (Part 1)
Right now I’m trippin on a lot of things, some make sense and some don’t. If you can rationalize, feel free.



  • I’m trippin on the fact that someone came to class yesterday wearing the same perfume that I wear, (Body by Victoria) . . . but I’m trippin more on the fact that it was a guy.


  • I’m trippin on the fact that before my Creative Writing class, I had only seen the movie Slam once. It’s one of those flicks that make writers.


  • I’m trippin on how Pookie corrects me, and I don’t mind it at all. In fact, it’s kinda sexy and it keeps me on my toes.


  • I’m trippin on how it’s almost been three years, and it seems newer everyday.


  • Speaking of my toes, I’m really tripping on how I’ve been wearing my toes out all summer, and I used to have BAD issues with my feet.


  • I’m trippin on how ever since I got this new hairdo, the fellas have been checking for me harder than ever, and on the fact that it cost me $25 to do this style, and the shop was gonna charge me $150


  • I’m trippin on how my mother thinks that just because I’m her child she can scream on me. I give her the utmost respect, but sometimes she makes me want to step out of my walk. . .


  • -I’m trippin on how small Cleveland is. You can’t date or meet anyone who doesn’t know someone who knows you. Especially as far as the black community is concerned. I mean, you mention the general area where you were raised, like Kinsman, Wade Park, Miles, wherever, and someone can name a cousin, a classmate, or ex-boyfriend on the spot. I was talking to this guy the other day, and there was something so familiar about him that it was scary. After giving it some thought, I realized that he was friends with my first love. Before there was Facebook, Yahoo 360, or even Blackplanet, you could find lost relatives and friends in the streets. I just think it's crazy how small our black planet is. Six degrees of separation is dwindling down to 3 or 4. You know when you meet someone, after finding out where they're from, you ask if they know anyone you can think of from that area. And it's a trip how for the most part, they will know at least one person you know.

  • I’m trippin on how this was supposed to be a quick rant, but turned into something else. . .





1 comment:

MBT4679 said...

you let him correct you? but see if I do it to him, he gets all mad... must be come love shit yall got lol

how could you have not seen Slam at least 100 times by now. Come on now!! lol... wait you are younger than I am...you are excused

"Now is the essence of my domain, because I am what I was and will be, I am and always will be that nigger / I am that nigger / I am that nigger / I am a negro / Negro from necro meaning death / I overcame it / So they named me after it."