Monday, September 26, 2005

No She Didn't!!!!

“If it makes you happy, it can’t be that bad. . .”
---Sheryl Crow,


We all know that chick. We whisper about her, we roll our eyes in her general direction, and of course, when we find out the latest thing her triflin' ass has done, we say, "Oh no she didn't".
At least, I know her. And at times, I've been her. I think all women have been her at some point. The one who did that crazy thing knowing she could have done something better, made a more rational or popular choice. If you haven't then maybe you should.

Ladies, how many of us have done some shit behind a building, in a park, or in a car that could have gotten us arrested? Or slept with someone's man, knowing they were attached? Or slept with more than one guy at one time? Etcetera, etcetera.

Some of us have done things that would make Janet Jacme blush. And to me, there’s nothing wrong with that. What's so wrong with this woman? What's so bad about the things she does?

There are women who live their lives with reckless abandon. One night stands, double lives, and side hustles exists everywhere. Like Ying Yang Twins say, "She's a schoolgirl by day and a stripper by night. . ."

My God I can't believe I am quoting those clowns.

Should you really be concerned with what other women think about you? They are going to talk if you're doing well, or if you're doing badly. So I say, let 'em talk.


Yea a chick might take her clothes off at night to make money, but she's paying for school. No one else is going to do it so she's making a way. Who am I to judge? She's at peace with herself, so that should be enough. It’s not for me, but that’s her thing.

Eventually, at least according to my beliefs, we all go before God with everything we've done. As long as you can look in the mirror and be PROUD of yourself, then fuck what others say.

Some women are born to be saints, and some are born to be sinners. I think most women are born to be somewhere in between. It’s all about letting go, and being who you want to be, regardless of what others might think.

I’ve lived a great deal of my life focused on what other people think about me. I’ve wondered, ‘what would my mom do if she ever found out I (dirty deed here). . .’, Or even my sisters, or my daddy, or anyone in my family. Now I’m like, ‘Hey, it’s my life, I gotta live it for me, and if you have a problem with something that I’m doing, then it’s best you press on. . .’

How happy can you be to go through your life, knowing that you did everything right, resisted all tempting things like drugs, alcohol, and sex? I'm happy knowing that I have those certain private moments, tucked away somewhere in the back of my head. I can make myself smile years from now on those days when I'm settled down.

My mom would flip if she knew half the stuff I’ve done. And I’m glad. And I don’t have any regrets, or doubts in my life right now. Think about it, how many things are you curious about trying, but won’t do because of what others might say?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think i really needed to hear that, tee....thanks and i love ya!!
"mccoy's toy"